Studying the characteristics of explosion protected electrical apparatus with type of protection: flameproof enclosure “d”, increased safety “e”, type of protection “n”, oil immersion “o”, powder filling “q”, is reflected in all activities in the laboratory.
Laboratory team includes a number of 8 people, including 6 people with senior education (Eng., and PH.D. Eng).
The current average age of staff is 42 years.
1) The research takes place in the fields of:
– Research regarding the protection and operational safety of equipment with type of protection “d”, “e”, “n”; “o”, şi “q”;
– Research regarding the ignition risk of explosive atmospheres due to electrical apparatus with type of protection “d”, “e”, “n”; “o”, şi “q”;
2) Laboratory Tests
a) tests in explosive mixture, in order to certify the electrical equipment within the regulated field ;
b) tests in explosive mixture within the voluntary field;
c) tests to determine the maximum surface temperature of luminaires and devices with maximum power installed of 1kVA;
d) dielectric strength tests;
e) tests for resistance to impact;
– Assessment of equipment for certification according to Directive 94/9/EC (HG 752/2004)
– Assessment of technical installations on site, according to NEx 01-06
– Technical expertise (on equipment, on site)
– Training specialized personnel to work with explosion-protected equipment.
– Participating in the development and revision standards (CT 137)
– Participating in the Committee of IECEx.
– Results dissemination by publishing articles, books, courses, and participation in national and international symposiums.
Senior scientific researcher II Ph.D. Eng Mihai Magyari – Head of Laboratory