Rescue hazards laboratory has a material basis competitive at technical level for laboratory testing and certification of equipment intended for use in hazardous locations in accordance with security requirements recognised by international standards and European directives.
To improve safety and health at work, the laboratory carries out research for the reduction of noise and vibration ,to improve the protection of individual hearing by developing studies, scientific research and technical regulations for specific security areas of concern, namely:
• Studying the effects of noise and vibration on underground workers
• study the possibility of reducing the noise and vibration from machinery used in underground and preparation plants
• soundproofing partially mounted fan ventilation tube column
• solutions to reduce noise and vibration in coal sorting stations
• Establish measures to reduce fan noise at main stations
• reduce noise and vibration from pneumatic loading machines
• determine the level of noise in mining machinery and equipment
• determination of noxes (noise and vibration)
• ways and means of reducing noise from machines and equipment operated by pneumatic energy
The laboratory performs verification of respiratory protective aparatus on compressed air / compressed oxygen, resuscitation equipment checking, checking and loading cylinders with compressed air / oxygen / standard mixture air – methane.
– Development of research studies in the domain of rescue at industrial units with potential emissions of toxic and / or explosive gases
– Implementation and upgrading of work security devices.
– Develop research studies to mitigate the specific risk from mining activity.
-Develop technical measures to reduce the influence of risk factors producing occupational diseases.
– Risk assessment for underground and surface jobs
a. Certification / inspection / verification for equipment:
– Check-repair-authorization insulating protective breathing apparatus based on compressed oxygen
– Check-repair-authorization insulating protective breathing apparatus based on compressed air
– Check-repair-authorization pressure reducers – Respiratory protection insulating devices based on compressed oxygen
– Check-repair-authorization pulmotors
– Check-repair-authorization inhalers
– Check-repair-authorization of oxygen transfer pumps
– Check-repair-authorization universal control devices of insulating of protective breathing apparatus characteristics.
– Check-repair-authorization compressed oxygen cylinders
– Check-repair-authorization compressed air cylinders
– Check-repair-authorization compressed other gases cylinders
b. Determination of the risk factors:
– Qualitative and quantitative determinations of physical risk factors in the work owed to environment from underground and surface.
– Determination of quantitative and qualitative parameters of noise and vibration generated in the labor process.
– Technical Expertise for revaluation jobs with special conditions.
c. Other services:
– Charging compressed oxygen cylinders
– Charging compressed air cylinders
– Charging air cylinders standard mixture air – methane
PhD eng. Daniel Pupăzan – Scientific Researcher II – Head of Laboratory
Tel +40 731/320755
+40 254/541621 (int 178)