Scientific and technological services focused on ensuring the occupational health and safety in the mining, extractive, processing, and manufacturing industries, training for risk assessment, occupational noxious, protection to explosion of technical installations an equipment, explosives for civil uses and pyrotechnic articles, environmental protection, safety of mineral resources, industrial ventilation.
Fundamental and applied research, technological development for the regulated domains, for national public interest on the evaluation and prevention of risks which may occur during the operations performed in the atmospheres with toxic and explosive hazard, including the use of explosives, the environment protection within the areas adversely affected by the mining and the related operations, testing and certification of equipment, training and certification of personnel, rescuing operations and operations related to mine closures, together with the development and the implementation of regulations related to these operation.
According to national RDI strategy and integration in Europe, the strategic guidelines for increasing the capacity, competitiveness and quality of RDI activities, namely increasing the impact sustainable economic and social development, the institute performs basic, applied, technological development and technological transfer research for the following directions:
– security of mineral resources;
– protection to explosion;
– security of equipment and facilities;
– explosive and toxic environments;
– environmental protection;
– explosion-risk industries;
– explosives and blasting techniques;
– mining rescue and in toxic / explosive environments;
– human resources;
– mining and industrial ventilation;
– classification of underground works in terms of emanations;
– technical expertise of the events generated by explosions of combustible substances and by explosive materials